The Power of Fermenting for Optimal Family Health
"A Beginners Guide into the world of fermentation"
Fermenting is wonderful traditional practice that enhances and preserves food. Adding fermented food to your diet has significant health benefits such as feeding our precious gut microbiome and promoting the growth of healthy gut flora. In addition they will also enhance the absorption of nutrients and boost the body's immune system plus so much more.
Consuming these foods daily will boost & amplify the health of the family when done correctly
Even better, get the kids involved in the process and have so much fun.
Adding this wonderfully powerful practice and food into your daily diet can seem daunting, but there is no need for it to feel this way.
This event takes away the overwhelm and is the perfect first step into the world of fermentation and really sets the foundation to further enhance this practice.
You will have time to get your questions answered and get your hands dirty practicing the techniques being taught whilst being surrounded by other like minded mums.
In this workshop you will learn the following:
- The role that this beneficial food plays in our physical & mental health
- Why ferment & why it’s important for our well-being
- The history of fermentation
- The equipment needed for fermenting
- Tips & tricks
- How to make the most basic fermented vegetable that is sauerkraut
You will leave this workshop with:
- Feeling confident to take action and make an impact to the health of your family using this powerful tradition of fermenting.
- A new appreciation of the role that probiotic foods and drinks can play in a nutrient dense diet.
Your ticket includes:
- A manual detailing all of the information above
- Recipe and step-by-step instructions for a basic Sauerkraut, Kids Kraut which they will love, Kimchi and a basic vegetable pickling
- A jar of sauerkraut to take home
- Healthy snack
This workshop is suitable for anyone wanting to add fermented food to their diet, but is unsure of how or where to start. It is the perfect first step into the world of fermenting.
Not suitable if you are already a pro at food fermentation.
What to bring:
- Pen & paper
- A 250- 500ml glass jar
WHEN: Saturday 22nd July
WHERE: Sutherland Multi Purpose Centre (Flora Street)
TIME: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Alternatively you can attend mid week during school hours.
WHEN: Wednesday 26th July
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Secure your seat by 14th July and bring a friend for FREE. Full payment must be paid
Numbers are strictly limited with this offer.
Chantal is a Certified Nutrition & Wellness Coach that specialises in helping stressed and overwhelmed mums heal their children with wholefoods using a personalised wholistic step by step approach.