Gummies are a great way of getting some healing collagen into our children's bodies and know that it is helping rather than driving dis-ease.
You could also add collagen gelatine to recipes such as:
· And the list goes on, basically anything that needs a bit of firming
There are quite a few brands of collagen gelatine on the market now, so please ensure they are from a pastured source. Brands I've used before and happy with are Great Lakes that can be sourced from Iherb and Gelpro.
I used to use 1 cup of liquid and found that it just made too many gummies. My kids would then be sick of the flavour half way through, which meant half of them wasted! Apparently they can be frozen, can't say I've tried that myself, but feel free to give it a go. So I’ve halved the amount and this yields just enough for them to have over the course of a week.
EASY PEASY Gut healing probiotic gummies:
- ½ cup of the best juice you can find. Also ensure it is cold pressed and organic if possible.
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 4-6 tablespoons of grass-fed gelatine. My kids tend to like it on the firmer side, so I use 5 tablespoons. Best to experiment and see what texture your little ones like
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, this is enough for us, increase if you feel the need
- 2-3 probiotic capsules
- Add the juice to a saucepan
- Sprinkle the gelatine slowly into the juice until it starts to soak up the liquid
- Heat gently on the stove and stiruntil the gelatine dissolves and then remove from the heat
- Once the liquid mixture has cooled down slightly, add the honey and probiotic capsules and be sure to mix thoroughly. You don’t want the liquid too warm otherwise it will destroy the amazing properties of the raw honey and kill the beautiful bacteria in the probiotics
- Pour into molds of your choice
- Place in the fridge to set for 20min – 1hr
- Once set, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
Too easy xx