Nut Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free
I love bliss balls. They are such a great portable, convenience food that packs a good nutrient punch.
In one little ball, you can get a good dose of fat, protein, omegas and gut healing goodness, not to mention stabilising the blood sugar levels. So this a great little snack to have handy in the fridge & freezer.
Another reason I love them is because there is next to no effort to double the mixture and have snacks ready to go in the freezer.
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of pepita seeds
- ¼ cup of linseeds
- 5 dates(pitted) soaked overnight in ½ - 1 cup of water or coconut kefir (overnight soaking is optional. If you don’t do this step, then they will not have the probiotic goodness)
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of coconut butter (optional. If you don’t have the coconut butter, just double the amount of coconut oil)
- ¼ cup of cacao
- ½ cup of shredded or desiccated coconut for rolling
- 2 tbs of hydrolysed gelatine powder
- 30g of clean protein powder
- ½ tsp of tumeric
- Mix all ingredients (except the dessicated coconut) in a high speed blender until it all comes together
- Use your hands to roll into little balls
- Roll in coconut
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days
- Double the batch and freeze half in an air tight container.
- Don't have time to roll the balls, press the mixture flat into a rectangular baking pan and sprinkle the coconut over the top. After an hour in the fridge, cut into bite sized slices.