Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Nut free
As my little man prefers savoury, I'm constantly having to come up with new types of muffins.These are great for the lunchbox and is so easy to make. I’ve tried making this with adding chopped bacon or ham (preservative free of course), but this is how he prefers it. No reason why you couldn’t add half a cup of chopped meat protein.
- 1 ½ cups of Gluten free flour, could use normal or spelt flour
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 sprigs of spring onion finely chopped
- 5-10 olives finely chopped
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- ¾ cup of milk of choice
- 1 tbs nutritional flakes for added nutrition (optional)
I have successfully made these with 1 egg and 1 chia egg (1tbs of chia seeds to 3 tbs of water) with little change to the end result. If doing it this way, I'll also add 1 tsp of baking powder (aluminum free)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Mix all the ingredients
- Spoon into muffin trays and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
For home I make normal sized muffins, but for school will make them smaller. Apparently eating takes too much time, this way I'm guaranteed he will eat the whole thing. They are served with lashings of butter
These also freeze really well.