Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free.
This slice is so tasty & sustaining. I often have it with a dollop of yoghurt or cream on the side and sets me up for the day, although not necessary to add. It also contains all the necessary elements for good gut health, cellular health, brain health and great for stabilising blood sugar levels.
- 2 cups of activated seeds grounded to a fine meal, I usually do 1 cup sunflower and 1 cup pepita seeds
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup of coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence (I really like vanilla, so reduce it to a tsp if that seems too much for you)
- Juice & rind of either 1 lemon, lime or orange, lemon is my favourite
- 2-3 heaped tbsp of tapioca flour
- ½ cup of frozen berries of your choice
NOTE: - I've not added in any sweetener, but you could add 1/4 cup of maple syrup, honey or rapadura sugar if you find your taste buds prefer a little bit of sweetness.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Blend all ingredients together (except for the berries)
- Pour batter into a greased oven proof pan
- Sprinkle berries on the top
- Bake for 35 min or until golden brown and skewer comes out clean
- When cooled, slice into desired sizes and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
These also freeze really well, so store in portion sizes ready to go whenever you need it. All you have to do is warm up the slices for a few minutes in the oven.