Gluten Free, Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
Confession - I'm quite a creature of habit with food. I could easily eat the same thing for a LONG period of time and not be phased by it. One day whilst sitting down to my "usual" breakfast, one of the kids said "Mum you have the same thing for breakfast everyday" That'swhen I thought about when was the last time I had something different, I could not remember!
So I figured it was time to come up with a few different options. That's when this little baby was created.
For me, breakfast needs to follow this formula:
- Sufficient Fat
- Sufficient protein
- Grain free
- Sustaining for at least 4- 5 hours
- Take less than 5 min to prep
I've become so in tune with what my body likes and needs and find the above formula just works!
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbs of maple syrup or sweetener of choice. Have also used 2 dates
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon or lime, hence the citrus name
- ½ cup of frozen organic berries
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence, can use less, but I like vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 180degrees centigrade
- Mix all ingredients together well in a blender (except frozen berries)
- Pour batter evenly into 3-4 ramekin containers, I usually get 4
- Spread berries on top of the batter
- Bake for 30 min or until golden brown on the top
I usually have mine served with some yoghurt or a dollop of cream or home-made granola scattered on the top or with a chopped up banana....so yum.
That is breakfast sorted for 4 days!